With the move of Village Green to the Victoria Girls’ fields in 2018, the National Arts Festival is looking at various strategies to enhance the experience for both visitors and Grahamstown residents.
One of these is a accommodating the many visual art exhibitions in the areas close to the Green. We are looking for “pop-up spaces” between High and Beaufort streets and are asking Grahamstown residents in these areas whether they’d like to be more intimately involved with the Festival by offering a spare room, garage, shed, studio, empty building or other space to one of the Festival’s fine artists for their exhibition.
- The space would be used for a two-week period and looked after by the Festival for the duration of the rental.
- The space needs to be lockable.
- The artist assigned to the space will hang their exhibition before the Festival opens and will be on the premises whenever the exhibition is open for viewing.
- The space needs to be accessible to the public during the art exhibition’s stipulated opening hours – these are usually between 9am and 5pm every day of the Festival.
- In terms of size – there is no hard and fast rule – let us know if you’ve got a possible space and we’ll see if we can fill it. All sorts of nooks and crannies might work!
So, if you’ve always wanted to be a little more part of the Festival – please contact us so we can come and take a look at your space.