We asked actor and director GOPALA DAVIES what he’s looking most forward to seeing at #NAF18
- put your heart under your feet…and walk/To Elu – Steven Cohen is a South African artist who has established an international following, his work is cutting edge and pushes boundaries. Theatre that serves to challenge always excites me!
- THE BORROW PIT – This production is by the 2018 Standard Bank Young Artist for Theatre, Jemma Kahn. I am excited to engage with her work.
- JUNGFRAU – I have worked with Jade Bowers, Ameera Patel and other members of the cast before and have loved their work. I am interested to see their adaptation.
- ALPHONSE – Apart from the numerous 4 and 5 star reviews this play has received, the write up sums this one up nicely: “One man, 27 characters, and loads of popcorn!”
- HAMLET – A lot of my work includes the integration of technology in performance to serve the narrative, because of this personal interest, I look forward to this production’s juxtaposition of “documentary and fiction into a contemporary version of Hamlet”.
Davies is the director of A CITY, one of four new plays on the STAGED showcase. STAGED aims to nurture new works and talent by creating a national platform to showcase works to local and international producers and presenters as well as expose audiences to new theatre making. 3 and 4 July BOOK NOW