MAKHANDA – The National Arts Festival and Grahamstown Foundation have begun the recruitment process for a new joint-CEO, with the publishing of the job specification and call for applications today.
The full candidate’s pack is available here. Applicants are requested to download and read the full document before applying.
A successful CEO will have the following skills, experience and attributes:
- They should be passionate about the Arts.
- They will have 10-15 years experience working in a senior leadership role in the arts sector or a related industry.
- They will have experience in financial management, cash flow forecasting, budgeting, planning and reporting.
- They should be an experienced strategist and marketer.
- They will have experience dealing with key funders and potential sponsors/ partners in the South African context – both public entities such as the Department of Sports, Arts and Culture, the National Lotteries Commission and Provincial Government; and private funders and sponsors of the arts.
- They should be energetic and be prepared to work long hours, and travel extensively.
- They should have proven experience of managing a medium sized team (<50 people).
- They should be comfortable working on both a strategic and operational level as required.
- They should be articulate and an excellent communicator.
- They need to be extremely comfortable working with the media.
For all details, including the full job spec and other requirements, go here.
Applicants have until 31 August 2019 to submit their applications, with interviews scheduled to take place in the course of September.